Mau Loa Mama

Mau Loa Mama

Tuesday, November 23, 2010

30 Day Challenge- Day Six


DAY SIX

*Your favorite season, and why*

I bet you're expecting me to say spring, summer, fall, or winter. NOPE! My favorite season is.....

CHRISTMAS!

I have been absolutely and completely in love with the Christmas season since I was a little girl. There was always a sense of magic surrounding it, and the magic has continued well into my adulthood. I always get happier and more nostalgic at this time of year, and I try to instill in my children the "reason for the season", which is God. Baby Jesus was born on Christmas Day, first and foremost. Santa Claus came later. In fact, I told Ryan last year that Santa is Jesus's helper. Oh yeah, who's the best mom now?! But really, in all seriousness, I felt it was important to tie the two together. There's such a focus on presents, shopping, and Santa, that I felt I had to somehow merge my two favorite reasons for Christmas together. One that is very much real, and the other that is all in fun. I almost even believe myself. This is our tradition: we all gather together at my parent's house and eat homemade pizza, watch "National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation", and open gifts that we give to each other. We then go home, lay out cookies and milk for Santa, "reindeer food" for Rudolph and the gang, and get snuggled up in our beds and go to sleep so Santa will come. I thought Christmas morning as a child was fun, but nothing compares to Christmas morning as a mother. The twinkle in your child's eyes as they see what Santa brought them under the tree, (all wrapped up though, that's how Santa rolls in my house) and as they open each and every present to see what it is.

There's just nothing better.

I look forward to this Christmas season with Ava, (last year didn't count because she was still in my belly) and seeing what she thinks about the lights, the tree, and her gifts. Everything is better through a child's eyes. Now I see why my parents made Christmas such a big holiday at our house, and why I will continue to do the same. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment