Mau Loa Mama

Mau Loa Mama

Wednesday, November 24, 2010

30 Day Challenge- Day Eight


DAY EIGHT

*Two favorite movies, and why*

My numero uno, bestest, most favorite movie of all time?

Oooooooo yeah. Make fun of me all you want, but I DARE you to watch this movie, and NOT sing along. I own the soundtrack as well, and listen to it on a consistent basis. I can even (on a good day) hit the high note that Ryan Toby does in "Oh Happy Day". Plus, I adore Whoopi Goldberg in this, and Lauryn Hill is beyond, beyond amazing. THIS makes me so happy, and I instantly am in a better mood, and I feel closer to God. I mean, how could you not be? If you have not seen this movie, you must watch it ASAP. It's a tragedy if you already haven't. What are you waiting for? Go, watch it! Now!

Okay, on to my second all-time favorite. (By the way, as a movie lover, this is super hard to pick only two movies.) Yeaaaaaahhhh...here we go...

Office Space. Doesn't that sum it up? It came out in 1999, has Ron Livingston and Jennifer Aniston in it (one of her first movies) and it is utterly and completely hilarious. If you have worked or currently work in an office, this movie is for you. If you like comedies, this movie is for you. If you plain ole' just like to LAUGH, this movie is for you. I will share some tasty little morsels with you:


Dom Portwood: Hi, Peter. What's happening? We need to talk about your TPS reports.

Peter Gibbons: Yeah. The coversheet. I know, I know. Uh, Bill talked to me about it.
Dom Portwood: Yeah. Did you get that memo?
Peter Gibbons: Yeah. I got the memo. And I understand the policy. And the problem is just that I forgot the one time. And I've already taken care of it so it's not even really a problem anymore.
Dom Portwood: Ah! Yeah. It's just we're putting new coversheets on all the TPS reports before they go out now. So if you could go ahead and try to remember to do that from now on, that'd be great. All right! 

and... (sorry about the language on this next one)

Samir: No one in this country can ever pronounce my name right. It's not that hard: Na-ghee-na-na-jar. Nagheenanajar.

Michael Bolton: Yeah, well, at least your name isn't Michael Bolton.
Samir: You know, there's nothing wrong with that name.
Michael Bolton: There *was* nothing wrong with it... until I was about twelve years old and that no-talent ass clown became famous and started winning Grammys.
Samir: Hmm... well, why don't you just go by Mike instead of Michael?
Michael Bolton: No way! Why should I change? He's the one who sucks.

hahaha, I totally could see this happening...

Bob Slydell: Milton Waddams.

Dom Portwood: Who's he?
Bob Porter: You know, squirrely looking guy, mumbles a lot.
Dom Portwood: Oh, yeah.
Bob Slydell: Yeah, we can't actually find a record of him being a current employee here.
Bob Porter: I looked into it more deeply and I found that apparently what happened is that he was laid off five years ago and no one ever told him about it; but through some kind of glitch in the payroll department, he still gets a paycheck.
Bob Slydell: So we just went ahead and fixed the glitch.
Bill Lumbergh: Great.
Dom Portwood: So, uh, Milton has been let go?
Bob Slydell: Well, just a second there, professor. We, uh, we fixed the *glitch*. So he won't be receiving a paycheck anymore, so it'll just work itself out naturally.
Bob Porter: We always like to avoid confrontation, whenever possible. Problem is solved from your end.

Oh, Milton...

Bill Lumbergh: Milt, we're gonna need to go ahead and move you downstairs into storage B. We have some new people coming in, and we need all the space we can get. So if you could just go ahead and pack up your stuff and move it down there, that would be terrific, OK?

Milton Waddams: Excuse me, I believe you have my stapler...

Best for last...

Milton Waddams: [talking on the phone] And I said, I don't care if they lay me off either, because I told, I told Bill that if they move my desk one more time, then, then I'm, I'm quitting, I'm going to quit. And, and I told Don too, because they've moved my desk four times already this year, and I used to be over by the window, and I could see the squirrels, and they were married, but then, they switched from the Swingline to the Boston stapler, but I kept my Swingline stapler because it didn't bind up as much, and I kept the staples for the Swingline stapler and it's not okay because if they take my stapler then I'll set the building on fire...

If you have no idea what the quotes are saying, or just (shockingly) have not seen "Office Space", this is a must see. I even have two copies in case one burns out. Seriously. I leave you with a picture that is an ode to Milton and his stapler (which I have a collector's item replica on my office desk)...Enjoy, and go watch some movies!




 





No comments:

Post a Comment