Mau Loa Mama

Mau Loa Mama

Thursday, November 18, 2010

30 Day Challenge- Day Four


DAY FOUR

*Ten places you want to visit*

Whew. Where to begin? Well, we ALL know the place I want to re-visit. So some of my 10 places are actually a part of that phenomenal place called Hawai'i.

  1. Maui, Hawaii.  The love of my life. (Ok, other than my husband and my children.) This is my favorite place on EARTH and I would move there in a hot minute if I had the money, and if I could take all of my family with me. I could write an entire blog (or five) about the beauty of Maui, but I will just leave it for another time, only saying that you MUST go to Cheeseburger in Paradise in Lahaina. Period. The End.
  2. Oahu, Hawaii. There's a little place there called the International Marketplace. Bianca and Laura...you would go crazy here. Shopping, shopping, shopping. Best part? Bartering. The price of that necklace is $60? No problem... Me: "Um, I only have $25." (start to walk away) Lady at booth: "Ma'am! Special for you! I can do $30, but only today." SCORE!! Also, you really can't beat Waikiki Beach, but you have to get McDonald's breakfast and take it over there and eat it on the beach. It's a Mitchell tradition. Again, I could go on and on...
  3.  Hawai'i, the Big Island. And all the other ones too... Yes, I'd love to visit all of the islands in my favorite place on earth. It's kinda like going home, you know? Well, not really. I guess I'd stick out a bit with my blonde hair and blue eyes, but I have the Aloha Spirit in me and I think that's what really counts.
  4. Australia. No, I don't just want to go because Hugh Jackman is from there, but I suppose it is a very good reason all on its own. I really want to see some kangaroos, the Sydney Opera House, and do people watching. If for no other reason than to listen to them talk. I think Australian accents are wicked. I'm weird, I know.
  5. Ireland. Again with the accents. Love em'. I once listened to a group of girls on the L in Chicago talk for a good 30 minutes because I just loved listening to them talk. Half of what they said I had no clue, it was just cool. I want to have to get out of my rental car in Ireland and yell at the sheep in the road, and herd them into the field. I want to go an Irish pub (a real one) and do karaoke. The list goes on...
  6. Scotland. Birthplace of Gerard Butler. Enough said, I believe.
  7. Italy. My sister Lora has been there, and does nothing but brag and brag about how beautiful it is. Plus I need to get some genuine Italian food. Yummy.
  8. Greece. Just watch the movie Mama Mia and tell me you don't want to go there, I mean come on!
  9. England. There are so many places that I want to visit, and I would most definitely without a doubt try out my English accent at each and every place.
  10. India. I have always, always ALWAYS wanted to see the Taj Mahal in person. I would sit there at the reflecting pool and read a book for days. (slipping into fantasy here)
I made the rules I suppose, so I can only list 10 places. There are so many more...another blog entry perhaps?

No comments:

Post a Comment