Mau Loa Mama

Mau Loa Mama

Monday, August 2, 2010

Accidental Sabbatical

I didn't mean to take one while I was on vacation. I kept both of the kids with me at home last week, and things got busy and crazy! I didn't get everything on my list done, but I got most! Here's what we did:

  • Went swimming (Ava did great!)
  • Went to lunch with some great friends on a few different days. (It was great for Angie and Crystal to get to meet Ava, and Michelle got to see me get frustrated with Ryan.Sorry about that Michelle.)
  • Took Ryan to a free summer movie at the local theatre. It was fun up until he said his stomach hurt, and we had to leave. I still don't know how "The Tale of Despereaux" ends...anyone want to enlighten me? (yes, I was into it)
  • Took Ava to her 6 month check up and shots. Boo. I hate when she gets shots. We stayed home the rest of that day, and we just cuddled.
  • Went to breakfast with my mom, two of my three sisters, Ava, and Ryan. I just love me some Cracker Barrel....oh yes, and my family.
  • Got my hair highlighted and went shopping for my 10 year high school reunion that was on Saturday night. (that's a whole different blog)
  • Let Ryan host a sleepover for one of his friends. That was interesting.
  • Washed Ava's 6-9 month clothes that we got to borrow from her cousin (and my niece) Maeve. I love little girls clothes with a passion.
  • Spent some good quality time with my kids. Even though Ryan drove me bananas by week's end, it was SO worth it.
So the only thing I didn't do was take Ava for her 6 month pictures. I might do that this coming weekend, or next Wednesday when I'm OFF!

There are some more Ryan-isms coming your way, he was full of the funny this past week. Look out.

Oh yeah, and I'm back. No more disappearing....

Until next vacation :)

No comments:

Post a Comment