Mau Loa Mama

Mau Loa Mama

Tuesday, August 3, 2010

To go fresh, or to go frozen....for lunch.

So my amazingly fabulous friend Michelle (yes, it's true, but that was to make her day brighter) has started packing her lunch this week, in an effort to save $$ but to eat healthier as well. And that got me thinking about my lunch choices. Well, 9 times out of 10 I do bring my lunch from home. Sometimes I go to Chick-fil-A for their Chargrill Chicken Sandwich and side salad (yum!) or Subway. Most of the time though, I eat from home.

Which brings me to my topic: Fresh vs. Frozen.

It's not secret that I'm doing Weight Watchers (albeit not very well lately for some reason) and it's easier to bring a frozen dinner that I can pop in the microwave and enjoy. Some of them are quite good! But, they can contain loads of sodium. And what woman wants to be bloated more than they already are? Fresh lunches such as salads and sandwiches, and leftovers are yummy, but can be time consuming and expensive.

Why does eating healthy have to cost so darn much?

What do you take for lunch, or do you go out to eat every day?

4 comments:

  1. I used to work with someone who would go out to eat every single day for lunch (usually McDonald's or the like) and adding it up all up was an average of $100 a month! Wow! That's like another bill!

    I'm all about Lean Cuisines since the vegetables are already in there. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fresh!! you can buy those microwaveable bags that allow you to cook stuff in the microwave, so I love to bring fresh broccoli, carrots, squash and zucchinni to steam when i'm tried of eating it raw! love you and miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You did just make my day brighter!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Apparently I'm still stuck in college mode...I usually bring a Cup of Noodles for lunch. They're so cheap! If I'm not eating one of those, I bring leftovers...

    ReplyDelete