Mau Loa Mama

Mau Loa Mama

Thursday, August 12, 2010

Big Time Wake-up Call

So last night Ryan said something in passing about my weight (I can't bring myself to post it, it's too hurtful) and it was a real wake up call. What I put in my mouth and my lack of exercise since having Ava is really affecting not only me, but my son. Stephen loves me no matter what, but kids are another story. I know that my kids love me no matter what, but they lack filters at a young age. So they say whatever comes to their mind. And it's usually the cold hard truth. I'm putting this out there for one reason and one reason only:


Accountability.


I need my family and my friends to hold me accountable for what I put in my mouth and the activity I do. (or don't do) I was a boot camp fanatic before getting pregnant, and just this morning I was thinking about how I had begun to look at myself as an athlete and a real fitness fanatic before finding out that I was having Ava. All that has vanished now. I look at myself in the mirror, and I don't like what I see. I try not to look in the mirror now, and that's sad. I'm ready to get back to the old me, the me that is inside the me now. I feel like I'm trapped in a body that isn't mine. I hate it, and it isn't me. But guess what? The only person who can change me is ME. I will just welcome some help along the way...

1 comment:

  1. Read my first blog entry. Seth was too little to say anything to me, but I definitely know how you are feeling. You already know you gotta take it a step at a time, and the first step is always the hardest one.... (listen to me being all smart..hahaha) Seriously though....let me know what/if I can do anything to help... I'm here for you my friend!!!

    ReplyDelete