Mau Loa Mama

Mau Loa Mama

Wednesday, August 18, 2010

The Tooth Fairy's Impending Visit

Yes, you saw that right.

The Tooth Fairy will be coming to my house soon.....Ryan has his first loose tooth.

I found this out last night at my sister Emily's going away dinner at Ruby Tuesday's. So there I am, enjoying seeing my family, and talking to a cooing Ava, when lo and behold, Ryan blurts out, "My tooth hurts!" He comes over to where I'm sitting, and wouldn't you know it, that darn baby tooth wiggled. It wiggled.

As if I didn't have enough to deal with: my sister moving to Hawai'i, the stuff with Ryan's father that I'm dealing with (long story, and NOT for a blog), the comments Ryan has made about my weight, the overtime I've been racking up at work, and having to leave my precious baby all day while I work. I'm already having a hard time seeing Ava grow up, but now this? I pretty much wanted to bawl right there in the restaurant.

How could this be happening? It's a milestone, and one that I am totally unprepared for. Does that mean my son will lose his first tooth as my daughter is cutting her first one?

This is such an exciting time in my kids' lives, but such a sad one in mine...

No comments:

Post a Comment