Mau Loa Mama

Mau Loa Mama

Wednesday, August 25, 2010

In your eyes, little girl...

In your eyes, I see a smile. A sparkling, laughing, running down the stairs on Christmas morning smile. When you wake up in the morning and I go to your crib, the first thing I see when I look in are two little hands peeking out from behind your blanket, and those eyes. And they are definitely smiling.

I see life. Your Papa and I created the life that's a part of you now, and God has blessed it. It's the greatest gift.

I see the ocean. They are such a brilliant blue, it transports me to a place that I feel most comfortable. I feel as if I could just float away in a current that is so rapid yet calming at the same time.

I see safety. As if when I look at you, I'm entrapped in the circle that is your world, and as long as I'm fixed on your baby blues, nothing can touch me.

I see family. I see your big brother, your Papa, and me. The best family that I could have ever hoped and prayed for. Boy, does He answer prayers.

I see health. You're such a vibrant little thing, and your eyes are the most transparent part of you. They let me know when you're feeling 110%, and when you feel so rotten that all you want to do is cuddle up with your mommy and waste the day away.

I see truth. If eyes are windows to the soul, yours sure paint a pretty picture down there. There's no lying with your eyes, they let me know exactly who you are, and what you're all about.

I see love. I never knew just how much I could love another human being until your brother, your Papa, and you, came along. When I look into your eyes, my heart narrowly bursts out of my chest, and I can barely contain my emotions. I love you so much.

Life just wouldn't be complete without you, Ava Layne.

Photobucket

3 comments:

  1. your little girl is so incredibly precious!! lots of love!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this! I LOVE the safety one. It's not something that you hear very often, but it's so true. Being truly present with Coral pushes all of my worries far, far away. It is bliss.

    ReplyDelete