Mau Loa Mama

Mau Loa Mama

Thursday, October 7, 2010

Weight Watchers Meetings vs. Weight Watchers Online

Sadly, I had to stop going to my weekly Weight Watchers meeting awhile back because Stephen's classes this semester were on Tuesday and Thursday nights. My regular meeting is at 6:30pm on Tuesday night, and since I have both kids, it's impossible. I hear you already: "Why don't you just take the kids with you?" Well, on Tuesdays, my mom picks up Ryan and takes him to swimming lessons and then to football practice until 7:30pm. Okay, so at this point, I only have Ava. Yeah, Yeah: "If you only have her, why don't you just take her with you?" Because her bedtime is 7pm. Call me crazy, and maybe I am, but I believe in having my kids in bed every night at the same time whenever humanly possible. I don't like to drag them around places for things that I want to do, especially when it interferes with their bedtimes.  I suppose that's why I don't go out much or do things at night, because I'm at home, with my kids in bed. I guess I'm old-fashioned that way, thinking that my place is at home with my family...

Anyhow, back to the subject at hand. Since I've had to give up my Tuesday meetings, my weight has suffered. Yes, I can follow the Weight Watchers plan on my own, but the support, recognition, and tips that I get from my meetings are what really drives me to greatness.  So as a result, I've actually gained back a bit of my weight. I truly believe that accountability is a HUGE part of weight loss.  I am so incredibly lucky to have Brigitte at work that is joining me on this journey. We are both following the Weight Watchers plan, and are doing excellent so far. But, I need that extra little push.

So, if I did WW online, I could track my weight, points, measurements, etc... They also have an online community that I could become a part of, and talk with folks like me, everyday. I already spend most of my day on a computer, so this just might be ideal.  However, I wouldn't get my "5 lb stickers" or my "10% key chain", and so forth. It may sounds dumb and so grade-school-ish, but I like being rewarded with WOW stickers every week for something that I did (or a food that I turned down).

I want this to be the LAST time that I START to lose weight. I just need to figure out which way to go.

"Lose for Good"...that's Weight Watchers motto, and now it's mine too.

No comments:

Post a Comment