Mau Loa Mama

Mau Loa Mama

Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Nature Walk!

I had a great time this weekend with my family.  On Saturday I took Ryan and Ava on a "nature walk" around the neighborhood.  I say nature walk because I let Ryan take his "collection box" and pick up rocks, sticks, plastic bits, old glasses, earrings, whatever he could find.  He thought this was the most awesome thing ever.  He kept holding things up for me to see and he would say, "Mommy! Look! This one is interesting."

I love that kid.

I have been meaning to take the kids on a walk for quite some time, but we finally ventured out.  Ava was happy as a lark in her stroller, just chewing away on Sophie. See?



Photobucket

After about half an hour, Ryan had to run into the house and grab a plastic bag to gather more stuff. He had already filled his box up! Ava was starting to get tired and hungry, so we headed back to the house. After situating Ava, Ryan went on the back deck and sorted all of his "interesting stuff". He has quite a collection!


Photobucket
And no, he didn't find that little green hamster.  That is the newest addition to our family, Chickadoodle. He's a Ninja Kung Zhu pet. Oh yes. He even has ninja armor and swords too. I guess he was taking a breather in this picture.  All in all, our walk was a great success, and I can't wait to take the kids out again.  I just hope there's more stuff built up along the way for Ryan to pick up, because I seriously think he got it all on our first round.

This is what life's about. Enjoying the wonderful weather, spending good, quality time with your kids, and being thankful for all God has blessed you with. I certainly did:)

No comments:

Post a Comment